<$BlogRSDURL$>
Tram Town
Sunday, May 25, 2003
 
Category: Life
This is a subject which was dear to my heart some years ago. Here is a Java example. I think John Conway showed me how remarkably complex systems can come from simple rules. I wish I could find a clean link to the Turing Machine that was developed to run in a Life Machine. Here is a nice page leading off to lots of aspects of Conway's games including a link to a Martin Gardner article in an old Sci Am before they left the reasonable world. I remember scouring Melbourne Uni. libraries trying to find all of Martin Gardner's articles about life and then writing a version in PDP-8 assembly language that ran faster than any other version I could find at the time. I was very pleased with myself.

UPDATE: A friend of ours found the Life Turing machine.



Powered by Blogger