<$BlogRSDURL$>
Tram Town
Saturday, January 17, 2004
 
Category: Labelling
In mid-2002, Yamaha produced the CRWF1 burner which could burn images, including track titles, onto the unused outer portion of a disk using a technology that they called DiscT@2. What I saw of them looked terrific and I had decided what my next burner would be. Unfortunately, Yamaha went out of the CDR game in February 2003. Given what Tom's Hardware Guide said of the CRWF1 and Yamaha in general ("proves how good Yamaha really is at making CD recorders"), this seems to be a bit of a shame.
DiscT@2 was mentioned in the article DB pointed at but was considered uninteresting for specious reasons, IMHO.
DiscT@2 is dead, will LightScribe fly? At a dime more per disc (if they really come in that cheaply) my buy price is up 33% and I would use the labelling on one disk in ten. $US10 extra per drive? When they make it to volume! And how much will the software cost? I would prefer DiscT@2 with some decent software if that choice was available to me.
Fly or plummet? I say plummet.


Powered by Blogger