<$BlogRSDURL$>
Tram Town
Tuesday, January 04, 2005
 
Category: Cinema
Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events (what is the correct italicisation there, anyway?) is a very good movie. I had a "what year are you talking about" MOMENT with the boys but we all agreed that if we had seen it in 2004 it would have been number two to Thunderbirds. I still think that all of the reviews I have read of Thunderbirds are nonsense and I can't work out why it is available on DVD at the end of the school holidays rather than before Christmas.
Regardless, LS'saSoUE is a very smart, visually appealing, language-loving piece of cinema. Some of the scenes and scenarios go on a little bit too long, but I think the franchise warrants a lot more pictures. I will be buying some of the books.
9/10 because I (once) looked at my watch. V. Good cinema.


Powered by Blogger