<$BlogRSDURL$>
Tram Town
Sunday, February 20, 2005
 
Category: Apple
I really enjoyed that top 100 gadgets article that DB posted but I can't help but feel it was an opportunity to say how wonderful Apple is.
On the score front, I guess (depending on iterpretation) that I have owned about five of the items described. Top of my list? My Sony CDP 101 CD player that I still have more than 20 years on.
I've been trying to check the veracity of the entry for Col Jacob Schick:
94. SCHICK ELECTRIC RAZOR, 1931
Jacob Schick believed that men could live to the age of 120 by shaving the right way, every day. To further than end, Schick invented the electric razor in 1928 and released the first commercial one three years later ... before dying in 1937 at the age of 49. Today, 30 percent of men use electric shavers.
The search for the quote is complicated by the fact that Marine Cpl. Jacob Schick had a close shave with death and, in fact, lost a significant proportion of his right leg a little while ago in Iraq. His mother, by the way, is an interior decorator.
In the meantime I have learnt quite a bit about pogonotomy and Jacob Schick including the fact that he was born in 1878 so he was 59 years old when he died, not 49.
This article expresses Schick's belief "that a man could extend his years to 120 by correct, everyday shaving" but its veracity has to be called into question because it also claims he was Canadian which seems unlikely for a Colonel in the US Marines who was born in Iowa.
That just killed a good half an hour and helped me get over another intense bout of Apple Irritation Syndrome.


Powered by Blogger