<$BlogRSDURL$>
Tram Town
Sunday, May 08, 2005
 
Category: Copyright
I went to The Creative Commons today at the Melbourne Town Hall. Lawrence Lessig spoke second of three speakers and I think it was one of his standard presentation on the notion of the Creative Commons. I think he makes a lot of sense.
The third speaker was Joichi Ito speking on roughly the same topic but a bit more animated and excitable. Good stuff.
The first speaker was an Australian poet by the name of Martin Harrison. I got there in plenty of time but I can't tell you what he talked about. I heard it all but I didn't understand a word of it. Later during question time he seemed to say that the ABC should get more funding but the fruits of its creativity should be usable under a Creative Commons license. The latter part I agree with. More funding? No way!


Powered by Blogger