<$BlogRSDURL$>
Tram Town
Sunday, May 01, 2005
 
Category: Pitchers
I'm not coming to the H2G2 as a disinterested observer. I heard the original radio shows. I read all of the books multiple times. I saw the TV series multiple times. I bought the Infocom computer game. I care about th H2G2. I liked the movie. So did my wife who has similar experience to me. My ten year old loved it, too.
It's a pretty big call when you think that we already knew about 70% of the gags, but perfect casting, breakneck editing, a hilarious opening song about dolphins, lots of stuff to spot in the background, terrific but not overwhelming FX and a Trillian that mattered made the whole thing well worthwhile.
There were a few wierd edits that I would usually attribute to an old much-spliced print and a sort of soft focus much of the time (anybody know what it was shot on?) so I guess it's not perfect but I can't really see how they could have made it much better.
9.5/10.0


Powered by Blogger