<$BlogRSDURL$>
Tram Town
Thursday, July 14, 2005
 
Category: Space
I had never read Edward Tufte's analysis of a PowerPoint slide from a Boeing report that "provided the rationale for NASA officials to curtail further research (such as photographing the Columbia with spy cameras) on the tiles during the flight". That is to say a report that was partly the reason that Columbia broke up on re-entry killing all aboard. It brings new meaning to the phrase "I've been PowerPointed".
If you ever have to produce PowerPoint (or whatever tool you may have on the minor platform) presentations, it would be wise to read this right through.
The whole of Edward Tufte's site is well worth the time spent there.
UPDATE: I lied. I have been there before but I didn't look in detail. Stupid of me.


Powered by Blogger