<$BlogRSDURL$>
Tram Town
Sunday, July 24, 2005
 
Category: Sport
The boys and I went to see the Storm at Olympic Park and the Storm done the Roosters good. One of the Storm's tries was a magnificent piece of ahleticism for mine but only warranted the following in the match report:
Hooker Cameron Smith kicked downfield and the NSW representative was able to toe-poke the ball around Roosters winger Amos Roberts and regather before touching down.
I'm a rules fan, me, but this was a very enjoyable piece of sporting entertainment and we will likely go again before season's end. There was a problematic lack of sirens for me so we missed the first minute or so of the second half but that was the only source of irritation as far as I was concerned.
Sitting in the western stand, you can just about see the edge of the 'G, clearly see the Pelaco sign, clearly see the top of the Dimmey's tower, (was that the Bryant and May clock I thought I identified?), clearly see the sign on the silo read at 14 degrees ("I remember"), and then see across the Yarra to the botanical gardens and see bits of Government House through the trees; how Melbourne is that? Interestingly, we took the Route 68 tram home and it will probably be the last time we will use the 68. I can't find a link, but next weekend is the last Sunday that a different southern terminus will apply for the West Coburg route according to in-tram announcemtents.
A very Melbourne posting (particularly considering it was initially about the northern game) brought to you by TramTown!
Also, there were four Segways riding about the venue with large farings advertising Medibank Private!


Powered by Blogger