<$BlogRSDURL$>
Tram Town
Friday, August 26, 2005
 
Category: Eddie Everywhere
Plenty of people have been noting Eddide mCGuire's potential conflicts of interest for a long time but Jeff Kennett has managed to put it very well here.
But Mr Kennett said he was confused about what role McGuire had when he was working on The Footy Show.
"Is he speaking as the presenter of The Footy Show or is he speaking as the Collingwood president?" he asked.
"Who am I responding to?
"Am I responding to Eddie McGuire The Footy Show presenter, who's after ratings and entertainment?
"Or am I responding to the president of the football club?"
I fondly remember an exchange between John Jost on the ABC's 7:30 report (is that what it was called then?) and Kennett that went Something like this:
JK: Why do you ask me such questions?
JJ: I have to premier, I'm a journalist.
JK: No you're not, you're a public servant.
That changed the way I viewed ABC hacks forever.


Powered by Blogger