<$BlogRSDURL$>
Tram Town
Saturday, November 05, 2005
 
Category: Domestic
I just bought one of these (FWIW, not for any specific environmental reasons, I needed a new motor mower and this had gotten good reviews) and it's an absolute cracker. I wanted to buy it from a standard retail channel but they were out of stock. Our friend HTC Simon was in the shop at the time and told me I was a silly bugger (I knew that anyway) as the Australian Head Office was up in Gilbert Street Preston and I should head over there.
The (older) lassie who served me there would not sell me one until I'd tried it out. (this is where it gets good). They specifically chose their Head Office as it abuts unmaintained Council property on both sides of the building. She made me go out and cut some grass for about five minutes -- she genuinely WOULD NOT SELL ME A PRODUCT until I tried it. She then knocked around $100 off the price after we'd been chatting for a bit so I got it for $500 which I'm pretty happy with (bit pricey for a mower but on-costs should be less (your mileage may vary)).


Powered by Blogger