<$BlogRSDURL$>
Tram Town
Wednesday, November 30, 2005
 
Category: Political correctness

Good
A "recent decision by New Zealand's opposition National Party to name one of its lawmakers, Wayne Mapp, as a spokesman on eradicating 'political correctness'."

Bad
One of Mapp's discoveries was that "both Qantas and Air New Zealand have now confirmed that they would not seat a child traveling alone next to an adult male passenger".

I guess I'm just not "with the program" but that seems very wrong to me. As stated by a bloke who was moved at the start of a flight:
"Men are being demonized in the media for a long time now. I think probably this is just society's reaction -- they think, 'We'd better start tightening up on everything.' It's getting to the stage when all men are viewed with distrust," he said.
"They've already chased men out of the teaching profession, especially for young children. I wouldn't want to be a Scoutmaster now. I wouldn't want to be a Catholic priest ..."


Powered by Blogger