<$BlogRSDURL$>
Tram Town
Tuesday, February 07, 2006
 
Category: Cartoons
To quote Otter in Animal House:
I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
So I bought a six-pack of Carlsberg (Danish beer) as an act of solidarity. Get this, though, on the label:
Brewed and Bottled under licence from Carlsberg Breweries Ltd, Copenhagen, Denmark by Independent Breweries (AUST) Pty Ltd
I don't know who Independent Breweries (AUST) are but they say they are from Laverton. Presumably the Danes are going to pick up cents per stubby. Nevermind, it just reinforces the "really futile and stupid" requirement.

BTW the scene that the quote came from also includes Bluto's classic:
Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!
Animal House is up there in my top ten all time favourite pitchers.

UPDATE: I tried the beer and, while it is pretty inoffensive, I didn't like it much. My current beer-of-choice is Pure Blonde but I wish it came in cans; I just toted my recycling bin out and it was bloody heavy!

Oh, and also, why was "Bottled" capitalised on the label? Is that some sort of scare-quotes sort of thing?


Powered by Blogger