<$BlogRSDURL$>
Tram Town
Wednesday, April 19, 2006
 
Category: Adams
I got in trouble from a pop star in a bar a few years ago when he overheard me declaring that Phillip Adams is beneath contempt (what really riled him was when I suggested that Margo Kingston was beneath Phillip Adams, an altogether unpleasant notion for all concerned, I'm sure).
That's not terribly relevant but I thought I'd mention it anyway in the context of this dissection of one of Adams' claims by Tim Blair.
Adams' claim:
Like Vietnam, the Iraq war was launched with presidential lies. Like Vietnam, the Iraq war descended into a moral and military quagmire. And if Iraq seems to be less of a stuff-up, consider this fact: it’s taken just three years in Iraq for US deaths to equal the body count after six years in Vietnam.
Blair's response:
Very clever. US personnel were in Vietnam from the late ’50s, but their role wasn’t overt; about 400 “military advisors” were killed between 1957 and 1964. The US body count six years after actual troops entered Vietnam in March 1965 is a little higher: 53,446.
Beneath contempt? You're darn tootin' he is!


Powered by Blogger