<$BlogRSDURL$>
Tram Town
Tuesday, August 22, 2006
 
Category: Ouch!
I was walking through a children's playground at the southern end of Shore Reserve in Pascoe Vale South at approx. 8:50 this morning and was attacked by a magpie. It hurt. It is still bleeding. I thought I'd better call the local council but they had no interest; in fact the woman implied it was my fault for walking through the park between August and October. I said that I thought that someone should be aware of the danger because the normal users of the playground, 3-5 year olds, would probably have little concept of August and October and given that the beast nearly knocked me out and drew blood it could probably do some real damage to a toddler. The council worker suggested I ring the Department of Sustainability and Environment. I did. The person I got through to said that there is no register kept of swooping birds and that there was no authority for me to report this to and nothing could be done.
Am I the one that has gone mad? I don't give a damn about this bird and its chicks; by not responding to situations like this we are endangering small children. The bird should be destroyed post haste. If it was a dog, it would be reported in all the local press.
Just One Guy's Opinion™.


Powered by Blogger