<$BlogRSDURL$>
Tram Town
Monday, October 16, 2006
 
Category: Signs
As I was leaving the Ming Wing out at Monash today, I encountered this sign

No news is good news, right? Well, no, wrong! In fact we had to divert via the stairs between level 2 and level 1 on the way down.
My reason for posting, though, is that when I saw the sign I laughed out loud. For mine it's funny in its own right but it also makes me wonder at its reason for existence. Here's my guess... Somebody has recognised that the escalators in the building are not very reliable and has approached the Facilities Appreciation Committee™ with the idea that they should be proactive about the "issue". The vote came in and the funds were provided and the sign went up. Nobody was ever going to keep the information up to date and so the sign sits on the wall as a "grand" mockery of taxpayer-funded academia.


Powered by Blogger