<$BlogRSDURL$>
Tram Town
Friday, August 24, 2007
 
Category: Gentleman
It's taken nearly a week but I have finally found an interesting twist on Kevvy Rudd's Big Night Out at Scores. The brilliant Frank Devine is the source for this one in an article in today's Oz. He quotes Col Allen, long time editor of down market tabloids (I don't disapprove of down market tabloids but I do feel that they should be known for what they are rather than by some silly euphemism), who said:
"Scores is a gentleman's club and Mr Rudd behaved like a gentleman."
Strip out the euphemism consistently and you end up with something more like:
Scores is a strip joint and Mr Rudd behaved like a typical patron of a strip joint.
Frank Devine was able to state this with a lot more style than me so go ahead and read his column.
Oh, and BTW, I don't necessarily disapprove of strip joints but I would prefer that they were not made out to be like, say, public libraries.
The Bolta has had a bit to say about this "issue" but eventually pointed off to the Frank Devine piece and I think that it is the definitive note on Ruddy and Scores.


Powered by Blogger